cut deck option

Pam_Obryan

cut deck option

Post by Pam_Obryan » Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:56 am

I have a strange question.. I am Head Admin for TheZone league in hardwood, and I have a player that says there is a way to "cheat" using the cut deck option.. he says players sit and practice with it until they find the right card on which to cut the deck, thus giving them good cards such as A.K.Q.J. of spades, they call it Cutting The Mother Lode,, is there any truth to this? I mean, I practiced on it way before I allowed cut deck in the games, expermenting to see where it made a big difference when using the cut deck option or not using it, and to me, I didnt see any difference.. heck, I just click where ever just to get the game going again,,HELP...

Thanks
Hugzzz
PamObryan

HEXA
Grand Master

Post by HEXA » Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:39 pm

i personally think he is pulling your leg, sweetheart.

If one had found such a treasure, they #1 wouldnt share the info. (i wouldnt!) and #2 would have them cards every hand. (i would!)

Now, There is a post somewhere and i was trying to find it for you, i couldnt find but have PM'd its author and am trying to get the info again. Anyway, it describes how cutting in certain spots in the deck will give you a set of cards which were meant for another player.

Like (and this isnt correct but just an example) Cutting the 3rd card in from left would give you the 13 cards meant for say North. Had you chose not to cut the deck. But you dont know what those are, you could be taking crud-cards meant for that person and passing up a good hand meant for you. But again, you dont know what the cards are. The way i see it as being beneficial is if you have one guy at the table having all the fabulous luck of the deals... You can change the luck when it comes around to your turn to cut, But what if his cards were going to be crud and the luck was over.. lol Its a gamble.

When my PM is replied too, or i find the thread from long ago, i will pass along the info :)

xox
Hexa

ps.. it sounds like your person plays The Sims.. lol pressing cntrl and a certain key then typing "motherlode" IS the cheat code to get your sims mega simoleons (money) ;)
The beauty of a woman grows with the passing years.

grandmaS
Grand Master

Post by grandmaS » Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:57 pm

If it helps in your search Hexa I believe Jonas is the one that posted that.

I too don't believe they have found any such way of getting all the high cards, the deals are random so even if it worked once it wouldn't the next time.

I am woman I am strong

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:28 pm

LOL, sorry there is an old myth that says "Cut thin to win, cut thick to lay a brick" anyways cut deck in any game that uses are 52 cards (spades, hearts, NOT euchre, etc.) can be sum'ed up as follows:

1) No Cut (or tap the top card) ya get what was suffled.
2) cut 1 card and you get what the player your left would have gotten
3) cut 2 cards and you get what the across player would have gotten
4) cut 3 cards and you get what the player to your right would have gotten

any math. cut of the above distributes one of the above IE: cut 4th and get lefts, cut 5 and get across, cut 6 and get rights and so on

If you don't beleive it take a fresh deck and see what you get no cut, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and you will see the pattern don't forget to put the cards back in the same new deck order before each cut. OR ya can just beleive me and only no cut, 1 card, 2 card, 3 card to change the cards you get no need to figure the other cuts.

JUST DUST

PS --- WAS much easier to retype it than to find the post from before LOL
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

HEXA
Grand Master

Post by HEXA » Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:33 pm

lol Thank you dust :)

I looked and looked for it hon, sorry you had to retype it, and i appreciate it so much :)

xox

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:42 pm

yeah, thier yankn your chain :) a Wooden Myth So to speak :)

The cut is kinda pointless and was really added for so folks would quit saying certain seats get hot cards. It does in effect rotate the seating so if one thinks that thier cards would be cold, they can cut the deck to get these mythical hot cards. This way they can feel all warm and fuzzy.

However it has no impact on the probably of getting ANY certain card.

I'm thinking of installing feature to throw salt over the shoulder too :)

So anyhow, rest easy, there is no way to manipulate the cards short of quantum physics.

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:48 pm

I sit on a horseshoe (bring my own) and I always get good cards.....

JUST DUST
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

HEXA
Grand Master

Post by HEXA » Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:53 pm

you ogres have tough rearends..

We humans bruise easy. Thus came the creation of the smaller softer rabbits foot.

xox